Founded in 1988, the Maison Méditerranéenne des Métiers de la Mode (MMMM) became an incubator for the international fashion sector set up in Marseille, its surrounded region and in the Mediterranean. Its mission is articulated around two transversal actions: Training and Creation, including the OpenMyMed Festival, a cultural showcase of its actions, placing Marseille on the chessboard of world fashion capitals.
Since 2010, each year the OpenMyMed Prize, open to 19 Mediterranean countries*, invites about twenty laureates, selected by an international jury of professionals and a vote by the general public, to a Fashion Booster Campus in Marseille, concentrating on the 3 fundamental needs of young fashion labels: Marketing, Sales and Communications. This 5 days Fashion Booster Campus is run by international experts with the objective of supporting the laureates in their international development and ensuring the coherence of their 360 degree Branding by putting in place a brand strategy as well as physical and digital identity guidelines. The support package for each laureate is estimated to cost €30k.
Thanks to the support from its public and private partners, Luxury Fashion Houses, industrialists, market opinion leaders and the media, the OpenMyMed Prize has acquired an international reputation, and to date has brought together a community of 104 fashion designers whose common denominator is the Mediterranean.
*Albania, Algeria, Cyprus, Croatia, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey.
Be one of the laureates in the 2018 OpenMyMed Prize competition
- Participation terms and conditions:
- Already have had at least two collections made available for sale
- English is obligatory: reading, writing and spoken
You must live in one of the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Cyprus, Croatia, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey and Marseille.
For more information: email@example.com
- 7 July 2017 : Opening applications
- 7 July to 15 November 2017 : Fashion design candidates can make their application online HERE
- 4 to 18 December 2017 : Voting by the general public and the e-jury
- 15 January 2017 : Announcement of the winning laureates of the 2018 competition
- January to May 2018 : Preparatory work for the Fashion Booster Campus
- Mid-May 2018 : Fashion Booster Campus in Marseille