The OpenMyMed Prize competition extends its endowment over 2 years to meet the demand of the laureates: working on a long time to deepen the characteristics of their brand and their international positioning.
The competition welcomes 2 new countries: Ivory Coast and Senegal
The Maison Mode Méditerranée (MMM) launches the 10th edition of its OpenMyMed Prize competition for young creators and fashion designers in the Mediterranean. One more specificity for this new edition, the annual price being now over 2 years. A decision that takes into account the new international paradigms that young brands face. The Prize chose to associate two new countries, 2 African countries: The Ivory Coast and Senegal.
The OpenMyMed Prize will now invite its 13 Laureates, selected by an international jury of professionals and a public vote, to its MMM Fashion Academy, for 2 consecutive years, in June 2020 and 2021. This innovative Fashion Academy targets the fundamental needs of young labels. This Fashion Academy is above all, a time of sharing knowledge, analysis and reflection, so that the laureates build their road serenely. Our international experts from the fashion industry will run their MMM Fashion Academy for two 5 days periods, during year 1 in Marseille, and for year 2 in Paris.
A new and innovative program to reinforce the creative signature and brand content of each Laureate. Much more than just a brand plateform, it is a matter of support and bring to light the the commercial singularity of the laureate, in order to finally put together an optimised business model, the fundamental basis for creating a coherent and promising business plan. The estimated market value of The MMM Fashion Academy for each laureate is €45K over 2 years
The OpenMyMed Prize has acquired an international reputation and has created a community of 104 creators and designers whose common theme is the Mediterranean. Based on a legitimate geography and a work done for over 30 years, the MMM bring to light the attractiveness of Marseille; welcome, train and show the talents that will make the fashion of tomorrow.
*Albania, Algeria, Cyprus, Croatia, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Lebanon, Malta, Morocco, Monaco, Montenegro, Portugal, Senegal, Slovenia, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey.
· 13 September 2019: the official launch of the OpenMyMed Prize competition for 2020-21 & the date that the competition is open for participation applications
· 13 September to 15 November 2019: fashion design candidates can make their online application HERE
· 15 November 2019: the last day to make an application
· 16 to 29 November 2019: voting by the general public and the e-jury
· 2 December 2019: announcement of the winning laureates of the 2020-21 competition
· 1st semester 2020: preparatory work for the Fashion Booster AcademyMMM Fashion Academy
· June 2020: MMM Fashion Academy in Marseille
· July 2020 to June 2021: distance coaching
· June 2021: MMM Fashion Academy in Paris
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- Have a creative singularity
- Have had at least two commercialised collections
- English is obligatory: reading, writing and spoken
- Represent at least two of the 3 fundamental values of the Maison Mode Méditerranée: Craft, Tech, Care & Give-back
THE MAISON MODE MÉDITERRANÉE AND ITS STRATEGY
The Maison Mode Méditerranée (MMM) was founded in 1988 and is the major incubator for the international fashion industry in Marseille, its Southern region and in the Mediterranean.
The MMM is driven by its 3 strategic themes and values which are Craft (know-how, handmade, heritage and ingenuity…), Tech (innovation and technology at the service of fashion system processes) and Care & give back (the care provided to the wearer by the garment, the care provided to others, to world resources and to human resources…).
The MMM's mission is based transversally on Training and Creation with 3 main areas of action, being the OpenMyMed Prize competition, the OpenMyMed Festival and a center for reflection and advices around its Southern Fashion Training Programme.