On Sunday 22 January the Maison Méditerranéenne des Métiers de la Mode (MMMM) entered into a partnership with the Groupement Professionnel de la Confection et de l’Habillement, GPCH (the Textile and Garment Unions), part of the Confédération des Entreprises Citoyennes de Tunisie – CONECT, (the Confederation of Tunisian Citizen Enterprises).
The agreement will focus on the acknowledged expertise of the MMMM in terms of training and education (for example the private and university Degree and Masters Degree courses), supporting young fashion designers and creators (with the OPENMYMED PRIZE competition open to 19 Euro-Mediterranean countries), and developing economic cooperation to benefit the different parts of the Fashion Industry (for example with the Fédération Française du Prêt-à-Porter Féminin-the French Federation of Women's Ready-to-Wear Fashion, and the PACA-Provence–Alpes–Côte d'Azur Region's Union des Professionnels de la Mode et de l’Habillement-Fashion and Garment Union).
Among the MMMM's partners is the Aix-Marseilles University (AMU) which benefits from their international network, the Institut Français de la Mode-IFM (the French Institute of Fashion), the IICC Fashion School in Marseilles, and the Casa Moda Academy-CMA Fashion School in Morocco, where the MMMM played a large part in its creation.
The MMMM is a major actor in the Fashion world with an international network, whose missions and strategy are to make Provence the Fashion Metropolis of Southern Europe.
Furthermore, the GPCH, organises the annual « Festival des Jeunes Créateurs de la Mode-the Festival of Young Fashion Designers » whose next edition is for 18 May 2017. The Festival aims to:
- Promote young fashion designers and contribute to the development of the image of textiles and garments in Tunisia with a strategy which encourages innovation
- Actively contribute to improving the competitiveness of the sector and developing exports
- Helping Tunisian businesses in the fashion sector to diversify and develop innovative products
The GPCH already has a partnership with the CNA – FEDERMODA in Italy as well as with the IKTIB in Turkey, and now with the MMMM. It intends to provide the Festival laureates with better international coverage and opportunities, and enhance the image of the textile and garment sectors in Tunisia.
Photograph title at the bottom, from left to right:
- Mme Pascale AKIKI, General Manager of the Maison Méditerranéenne des Métiers de la Mode (MMMM)
- Mme Laurence NEREE, Commissaire Générale (Head Coordinator) of the Interfilière (Eurovet) Trade Show, Paris
- Mr Anis SAADAOUI, Commercial Attaché at the Tunisian Embassy in Paris
- Mr Matthieu GAMET, President of the MMMM
- Mr Samir BEN ABDALLAH, President du Groupement Professionel de la Confection et de l'Habillement (GPCH) de la CONECT
- Mr Makram BOUGHATTAS, Treasurer of the GPCH
- Mr Zied JAMOUSSI, Vice-President of the GPCH
- Mme Maryline BELLIEUD-VIGOUROUX, PR and Partnerships Manager at the MMMM